Quinoa Pilaf With Dried Fruit and Pecans
10 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
30 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/4 cup spring onion
6 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 1/2 cup golden raisin
1 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil; stir in the quinoa.
2. Decrease heat to low and cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove from heat and drain well.
4. Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir/saute onion until golden.
5. Add in the stock, raisins, apricots, cranberries, salt, coriander, pepper, and lemon zest; bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add in the quinoa; stir to combine.
7. Cover and decrease heat to very low; cook 5 minutes.
8. Stir in the pecans; fluff and serve.